Dallas, OR 97338
Full-time Histotech needed at a top facility in Oregon!
(Reference Code: KAM)
The shifts are M-F 5a-1:30p, 6a-2:30p and 7a-3:30p, rotating.
Job Summary: Prepares, cuts, stains, and mounts tissue sections on slides to assist pathologists in making correct diagnosis of patient disease, cause of death, and in studies of pathology phenomena.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* HT or HTL (ASCP) certification preferred.
* Minimum:H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent
* Completion from a NACCLS approved school of Histotechnology and 2 years of verifiable on the job training and eligible for State of NV licensure as an HT, HTL, or Specialty Technician.
* Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and practices.
* Ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot all instruments and equipment authorized within the Anatomical Pathology Department.
* Experienced and trained in all phases of histology.
* Oriented to safety and quality assurance procedures with ability to function within or above regulatory agency requirements.
* Capable of performing multiple tasks such as mentoring, documentation, self-performance review and workflow analysis and improvement.
* High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted activities.
* Ability to look beyond daily functions to implement higher standards through evaluation and education.
* Advocate an example of team concept.
* Superior interpersonal communication: tactful, mature, flexible and professional.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; resourceful and organized.
* Assumes other duties as assigned by management.
* Understands and observes all confidentiality and HIPAA provisions.
* Recognizes and conveys to management any departmental improvements necessary.
* Responsible for all equipment in assigned areas of work.
* Must obey all safety rules and regulations at all times,
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!