Harrison, NY 10528
Full-time Histotechnician needed at a top facility in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a full-time Histotechnician to work Monday-Friday 2pm-10:30pm
The Histotechnician is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all testing run under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material; and performing accurately tissue sections for pathological interpretation in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
- Ensure that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie. Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and proper technique followed.)
- Embed tissue specimen early morning using best technique possible to make sure that tissue is properly oriented onto the block.
- Cut paraffin blocks meeting section protocol according to tissue site.
- Assist with special stains and tissue control slides for special stains and immunhistochemistry.
- Change and/or rotate reagents on tissue processors, Leica stainer as needed, with daily QC.
- Record daily Quality Control of all instruments used in job description, maintaining proper documentation of record temperatures, instruments cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Investigate and resolve problems; inform laboratory manager of any and all serious problems.
- File Surgical Blocks daily.
- Maintain Distilled Water System QC and in working condition at all times.
- Assist with accessioning as needed.
- Maintain in working order Cassette and Slide printers (Leica)
- Discard Surgical Specimens weekly, with formalin neutralization.
- Maintain control of Xylene waste removal with proper follow up.
- Responsible for receiving and keeping track of all laboratory supplies and letting the Manager know when orders need to be follow up with vendors.
- Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/State inspections as directed by the Manager.Required Qualifications:
* HT degree or equivalent Certification as a lab technologist under CLIA
* Certified Histological Technician NY State license
* Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the laboratory
* Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion
* Strong customer service skills are necessary to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public
* Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!