Roanoke, VA 24011
Full-time Histotech needed at a top facility in Virginia!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Monday - Friday: 4:00am-12:30pm
Job Summary: Prepares human body tissue for examination by other laboratory professionals. Performs embedding, microtomy, and all related histology tasks. Also performs special stain and IHC procedures as directed.
* Embed all types of tissue
* Section all types of paraffin embedded tissue
* Follow set protocols and procedures for embedding and microtomy
* Keep embedding area, microtome, and workstation clean and clutter free and maintain proper QC
* Maintain fresh solutions, stains and/or re-agents
* Perform special stain and/or IHC procedures as directed
* Assist with case assembly and distribution as needed
* File blocks and slides as needed
* Properly handle and dispose of hazardous waste
* Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA programs and monitors.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have either formal Histology training or on-the-job Histology training experience.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification if applicable.
- Minimum of five years experience working in a histology lab, performing microtomy and embedding is required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!