Bayard, NM 88023
Full-time Histotechnologist Section Lead needed at a facility in western New Mexico!
(Reference Code: KAM)
HISTOTECHNOLOGIST (CERTIFIED) - SECTION LEAD
- The Histologic Technician (HT) is responsible for processing tissue and/or Cytology specimens submitted to the Histology Section.
- The HT has the education, experience, and training to perform procedures independently and with appropriate supervision by the supervisor or medical director.
- The HT will function within the accepted boundaries of laboratory practice as defined by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists, as well as standards and policies accepted by Gila Regional Medical Center and the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- The HT will function and collaborate with other members of the health care team to provide optimum patient care.
* The HT has successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Histologic Technician program, OR
* The HT has a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of academic credit from a regionally accredited college/university with a combination of 12 semester hours (18 quarter hours) of biology and chemistry, OR
* High school graduation (or equivalent) AND two years full time acceptable experience in histopathology within the last ten years under the supervision of a pathologist (certified by the American Board of Pathology in Anatomic Pathology, or eligible), or an appropriately certified medical scientist, OR.
* High school graduation (or equivalent) while concurrently completing the 2 year supervision under a certified pathologist on the job.
* Once hired the HT will be expected to obtain certification through ASCP to become a certified technician through one of the above routes.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!