Baltimore, MD 21211
Full-time Histotechnologist needed at a top facility outside of Baltimore, MD!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Full-time/Day shift (6a-2:30p), rotating days/weekends
Job Summary: Performs the various tasks required for receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue samples for microscopic examination and analysis by the Pathologist.
Essential Job Duties:
- Espouses the principals of Lean Thinking and creates a work environment that positively promotes process improvement. Explores opportunities to add value to job (innovative ideas) to benefit the organization and taking ownership of the outcome. Proactively finds other work-related tasks during low census.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains inter- and intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation (hand offs).
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides histology information by answering questions and requests.
- Performs embedding, sectioning, special stains, immunohistochemistry, frozen sections, with appropriate supervision if required. Performs functions to established productivity guidelines with minimal errors.
- Operates and maintains laboratory instrumentation. Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshoots problems to the full extent of ability.
- Actively participates in the laboratory quality plan/program (ex. investigative reports, notification of delays, etc.).Performs quality controls and documents QC for each lab procedure on a daily basis and follows up on issues (troubleshoots).
- Participates in external proficiency testing and in continuing education classes to maintain licensure and remain updated on changes in the histology field.
- Participates in the training of new staff and students by serving as a mentor and technical resource.
Educational/Experience Requirements: Clinical education in a Histotechnician (HT) program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or an Associate’s Degree in a related field from a accredited college or university and training at a hospital.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience: one year of experience working in an acute care facility as a HT or HTL.
Required License/Certifications: HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP) or eligible. Certification must be attained within one year of hire.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!