Minnetonka, MN 55345
Full-time Histology Tech needed right outside of Minneapolis!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Job Summary: Prepares histologic slides from human tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by Pathologist.
Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Examines slides and/or blocks to ensure tissue preparation is meeting laboratory requirements.
- Prepares sections of human tissue for microscopic examination and patient diagnosis, using techniques to gross (dissect tissue), embed (orient specimen in paraffin block), section (cut thin sections of tissue), stain (enhance contrast of tissue and highlight specific features of interest with routine hematoxylin and eosin stains), and mount tissue (adhere tissue onto glass slides), from surgical procedures.
- Performs recuts and additional stains including special and immunohistochemistry stains, as requested by a Pathologist.
- May label requisitions, specimen containers, cassettes and/or slides and affixes coverslip to slides.
- Files, retrieves, and distributes blocks, slides, and pathology reports.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Laboratory Science
* Certified or eligible for Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
* Completion of a Histology program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or minimum of one (1) year experience as a Histology Technician Trainee and competent in the areas of embedding, microtomy, grossing, special stains, and immunohistochemistry.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!