Harrisburg, PA 17103
We are seeking a Full Time Home Health Registered Nurse to join our team in Central Pennsylvania!
The on Call Health Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for planning, coordinating, and documenting skilled professional nursing care provided to meet patient needs twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days/week for a geographically assigned caseload from the day of admission through day of discharge.
Utilizing physicians orders and professional skills, the RN functions as a case manager and develops and implements a home health plan of care that meets each patients specific needs and is in compliance with state and federal home health regulations, reimbursement guidelines, as well as companies policies and procedures.
The RN utilizes the nursing process which includes the use of technology, therapeutic intervention, evidence-based practice and coordination of care with other health team members to achieve positive clinical outcomes with the home health patients. The home health RN is responsible for the on-sight supervision of the Home Health Aide as well as supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The RN participates in weekend, holiday and on-call rotation and is able to carry a patient load of 5 to 7 visits per day.
B. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the on Call Health team, the Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process to contribute to each patient’s total plan of care.
Assessing and Planning
1. Conducts initial nursing assessment through use of the OASIS assessment tool and
including physical and psychosocial aspects, of patient/family/caregiver in a thorough,
accurate, compassionate and timely fashion.
2. Utilizes own special body of knowledge to provide leadership and guidance to the home
health team in formulating and individualizing the plan of care relative to the problems
identified, interventions required and goals that must be addressed relative to the patient
3. Contributes to identifying both active and potential needs of the patient and his/her
family, which may affect the plan of care and refers other disciplines in to assist the
patient/family as needed and required.
4. Consistently collaborates with the physician to plan and implement the medical and
nursing plan of care.
5. Reviews the comprehensive plan of care with the home health team.
6. Communicates in writing in the chart and verbally with co-workers and supervisors to
coordinate interventions and ensure continuity of care.
7. Facilitates and participates in team meetings and contributes to patient care planning.
Implementing and Evaluating
1. Facilitates the implementation of nursing interventions and appropriate preventative and
therapeutic nursing procedures through the provision of direct patient care and
supervision of home health aide services.
2. Collaborates with other team members (physician, therapists, social workers and aides)
to provide continuous assessment of assigned patients, interpret findings, initiate
appropriate therapeutic actions, refer other disciplines and evaluate the results of these
3. Accepts responsibility of assignment to perform a specialized procedure only when
qualified with specialty training, proven competency, clinical background, and expertise
in the specialty area.
4. Works in cooperation with family/caregiver and home health team members to meet the
emotional needs of the patient, family and/or caregivers.
5. Provides appropriate information, teaching and explanation to the patient’s family
regarding care. Facilitates patient and family education to promote continuity of care and
optimal patient/family outcomes.
6. Demonstrates expertise in the utilization of all team members.
7. Assists in the investigation and resolution of quality issues in conjunction with the
Clinical Manager and/or Administrator.
8. Fulfills productivity requirements on an average daily census basis as determined by
acuity level and Clinical Manager and/or Administrator.
9. Documents accurate complete and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition
and care given.
Education / Requirements:
1. The Registered Nurse is a mentor who is able to provide educational experiences and
communicate knowledge of patient care to members of the home health team including,
but not limited to: patient, family and/or caregivers, other nursing staff, home health
aides and the general community.
2. Acts as a mentor who facilitates individual staff development from novice to expert.
Participates in the orientation of new personnel and assist with field training as needed.
3. Identifies the learning needs of the home health staff and other health care
professionals, and facilitates formal and informal in-services, and patient care
conferences to promote professional growth of all team members.
4. Teaches patient, family and/or caregiver disease process and self-care techniques as
appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by physician
and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling of patient, family and/ or
5. Facilitates the development of teaching aids to promote patient, family and/or caregivers
6. Evaluates effectiveness of educational experiences in order to promote ongoing
professional development of home health staff and quality patient, family and/or
7. Supervises the home health aides and licensed practical nurses on-site per agency
For more details please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!