Killington, VT 05751
Full-time Hospitalist NP/PA needed at one of the top hospitals in Vermont!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Under the direction of the Medical Director and/or physician, the Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) provides healthcare services to patients by following established standards, procedures and practices in their area of specialty. Obtains detailed history and performs physical or psychological examinations. Performs or orders X-rays, electrocardiograms, laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures, and interprets results. Administers such therapeutic procedures as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care. Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or medical procedures. Instructs patients on prescribed therapeutic regimens, home care and health maintenance. Evaluates outcomes of direct patient care and consults with other specialists as required. Maintains required records and writes progress notes on patient charts as to status, treatments and procedures. Provides preventative health care services to long-term patients and arranges consultations and referrals.
Minimum Education: Masters Degree in Nursing or Graduate of an American Medical Association approved Physician Assistant educational program.
Minimum Work Experience: 2 years of Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant experience in specialty area being sought (i.e., Pain Management, Orthopaedics, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatrics, Endocrinology or Oncology).
- Registration with the Vermont State Education Department as a Nurse Practitioner and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or equivalent certifying bodies, or
- Registration with the Vermont State Board of Medical Practice as a Physician's Assistant and certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on the Certification of Physicians Assistants.
- Unit-specific certifications as required (ACLS, TNCC, PALS, ENPC, CPI) per specific department operational framework.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Able to take medical history, assess medical condition and interpret findings.
- Able to prepare and maintain records, write reports and respond to correspondence.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining quality assurance and a continuous quality improvement program.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with patients, staff, and public.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of human relations, group dynamics, and quality improvement techniques.
- Able to work in spite of interruptions.
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Microsoft Office desktop application and navigation skills.
Fantastic lifestyle with great family oriented community with vast array of outdoor activities at your doorstep! Our location offers wonderful recreational fun, good schools in safe communities, and easy access to Boston, Montreal, and NYC. This is a chance to practice and live in a location most desire for vacation.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!