York, ME 03909
HOUSE SUPERVISOR, RN, Nurse - FULL TIME NIGHTS
|We are seeking an experienced Nursing Supervisor to join our growing team!|
|Schedule:||Full-time 36 hrs/wk|
|Shift:||Night shift 7PM-7AM|
We currently have an opening for an experienced Nursing Supervisor. This is a Full Time (36hrs/wk) position working in patient at York Hospital. The hours are 7pm -7am (3) 12hour shifts per week.
The Nursing Supervisor coordinates and organizes personnel and other resources to meet the patient care functions of the organization, in a cost effective manner. Collaborates to provide crisis management, interpret policy and procedure, and assure timely and effective communication and collaboration between individuals and departments. The Nursing Supervisor represents the organizational leadership across all venues on 24 hour basis and collaborates to make decisions an act on behalf of the leadership team.
Job responsibilities include:
· Assures the continuous and timely availability of urgent care, emergency, inpatient, and operative services to patients and families.
· Continuously monitors daily operations by integrating data from electronic systems, personal communication, and physical unit rounds to assure patient care effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction.
· Assures the safety and quality of patient care by allocating and redirecting resources, considering care demands related to acuity, patient and unit requirements and staff skill mix.
· Coordinates the routine flow of scheduled, direct, and emergency patient admissions to efficiently place patients in the appropriate care location, maximize capacity, improve satisfaction of patients, families and referring providers.
· Coordinates the organizational response during times of high census: collaborating with administrators and nursing directors, the Emergency Department, Surgery Department, Critical Care, Cath Lab and Inpatient Nursing Units.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient experiences you will need the following:
· Three (3) Years progressive management/leadership experience required (5) Years progressive management/leadership preferred.
· Previous experience as a Charge Nurse, Unit Coordinator or Director preferred.
· Current Licensure in the state of Maine as a Registered Nurse or Compact Licensure. Must be good standing with the Board of Nursing.
· Must have critical thinking, analytical skills, organization/time management skills and be able to communicate effectively.
York is located on the southern coast of Maine and boasts miles of sandy beaches, picturesque hiking and biking trails, outlet shopping at its best and many family oriented activities. It is well known as a summer resort town. The area is close in proximity to Boston, Massachusetts (1 1/4 hour), Portland, Maine (3/4 hour) and Portsmouth, NH (15 minutes). The school systems in our community are superb.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!