Ogunquit, ME 03907
Full-time House Supervisor Registered Nurse needed in Maine!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Join a fantastic 80-bed hospital located on the southern coast of Maine.
Currently seeking an experienced Nursing Supervisor. This is a Full Time (36hrs/wk) position working inpatient. The hours are 7pm -7am (3) 12hour shifts per week.
HOUSE SUPERVISOR - FULL TIME NIGHTS
Department: Medical Surgical
Schedule: Full-time 36 hrs/wk
Shift: Night shift 7PM-7AM
The Nursing Supervisor coordinates and organizes personnel and other resources to meet the patient care functions of the organization, in a cost effective manner. Collaborates to provide crisis management, interpret policy and procedure, and assure timely and effective communication and collaboration between individuals and departments. The Nursing Supervisor represents the organizational leadership across all venues on 24 hour basis and collaborates to make decisions an act on behalf of the leadership team.
Job responsibilities include:
* Assures the continuous and timely availability of urgent care, emergency, inpatient, and operative services to patients and families.
* Continuously monitors daily operations by integrating data from electronic systems, personal communication, and physical unit rounds to assure patient care effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction.
* Assures the safety and quality of patient care by allocating and redirecting resources, considering care demands related to acuity, patient and unit requirements and staff skill mix.
* Coordinates the routine flow of scheduled, direct, and emergency patient admissions to efficiently place patients in the appropriate care location, maximize capacity, improve satisfaction of patients, families and referring providers.
* Coordinates the organizational response during times of high census: collaborating with administrators and nursing directors, the Emergency Department, Surgery Department, Critical Care, Cath Lab and Inpatient Nursing Units.
* Three (3) Years progressive management/leadership experience required (5) Years progressive management/leadership preferred.
* Previous experience as a Charge Nurse, Unit Coordinator or Director preferred.
* Current Licensure in the state of Maine as a Registered Nurse or Compact Licensure. Must be good standing with the Board of Nursing.
* Must have critical thinking, analytical skills, organization/time management skills and be able to communicate effectively.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!