Sauk City, WI 53583
Full-time inpatient, acute care coder needed at a top hospital in Wisconsin!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Must be available to complete a 4-12 week onsite training, and would have the opportunity to work remotely afterward!
The Health Information Services Coder is primarily responsible for the coding and abstracting of all inpatient and outpatient medical records
* Apply the Standards of Ethical Coding developed by the American Health Information Management Association Council on Coding and Classification.
* Code the diagnosis and procedures according to ICD-9-CM, ICD-10, and/or CPT-4 for all inpatient and outpatient records.
* Abstract codes and medical record information within the EPIC and 3M system.
* Review preliminary PHI data and accurately assign Conditions POA .
* Abstract data for the state Tumor Registry reporting program.
* Perform data quality reviews on documentation and coding.
* Become proficient in all aspects of ICD-10 coding utilizing 3M computer assisted coding application.
* Demonstrate a willingness to improve abilities and attend continuing education session to maintain credentials.
* Assure grouping which will provide optimal payment to which the facility is legally entitled by coding all documentation accurately according to coding guidelines.
* Educate physicians regarding improvements in documentation to meet established requirements, coding/reimbursement and quality of care issues.
* Generate coding queries so that documentation reflects the care of the patient and improves the overall quality of the physician documentation in the medical record.
- Associate degree in Health Information Technology
- Registered Health Information technician (RHIT) and/or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification or Certified Physician Coder (CPC) required
- Experience in ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CDM and CPT-4 coding. Previous coding experience is required
Offering competitive compensation and benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!