Aurora, CO 80016
Reference Code: NEC0763
Inpatient Pysch Nurse Practitioner
Seeks a full-time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, inpatient,
This individual will provide comprehensive mental health care, medication management and crisis management to our veteran patients. Common mental health diagnoses include schizophrenia; anxiety disorders; trauma related disorders such as PTSD; depressive disorders; bipolar disorders; cognitive disorders related to TBI; neurocognitive disorders such as Alzheimers disease; substance abuse disorders; and neurodevelopmental disorders such as ADHD.
• Conducting and documenting findings on initial, periodic, episodic, and/or psychiatric examinations on patients seen in the clinical setting.
• Determining appropriate diagnosis and formulate diagnostic plans and therapeutic regimen, including possible hospitalizations. Collaborating with collaborating physician or other allied health care professionals as needed.
• Determining potential needs for therapeutic changes, diagnostic workups or subspecialty consultation and so order.
• Providing follow-up for evaluation of outcomes of laboratory tests. Detecting and evaluating any significant change in patients psychiatric condition, treating as indicated.
• Making practice decisions autonomously and/or in consultation with physician(s) and health care professional(s), in a collegial relationship for mutual consultation and referral. The APRN is responsible and accountable for own actions.
• Collaborating with the patient/family to establish physical, mental, cultural and environmental factors that facilitate or impede realistic goals and activities.
• Prescribing, administering and reviewing/evaluating patients response to pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment.
• Evaluating inpatients and manage acute and chronic mental illnesses per the usual scope of care to include attention to maintenance of stable conditions, preventive health care and screening. Collaborating with collaborating physician or other allied health care professionals as needed. • Providing education and counseling of the patient and the patients family in preventive care, psychiatric conditions and the use of prescribed treatments and drugs. Maintaining phone contact with patients, families and home care agencies as indicated.
• Serving as a mentor, supervisor for NP residents / students, coordinator for nurses and other health care professionals.
• Exhibiting leadership in initiating changes in patient care programs based on current concepts and findings from research and/or studies Requirements:
• Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
• Minimum one year of experience in Mental Health setting
• Board Certification in Psychiatry
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my current job openings. Natalie has specialized in working with allied healthcare professionals for over 7 years. As the Healthcare Recruiting Manager at K.A. Recruiting, she takes pride in building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates in order to address hiring needs as well as individual career goals for her candidates. She has worked with Physicians, Advanced Level Practitioners, Therapists, Nurses, Nurse Leaders, Laboratory, and other Allied Health candidates to assist them in securing permanent positions nationwide. Natalie has had a successful track record that is founded on the highest standard of quality combined with taking the time to personalize each candidate's job search to help them secure a long-term position. If you are looking for a full-time permanent position anywhere in the country I would love to hear from you! Please connect with me on LinkedIn Here: