Gothenburg, NE 69138
Full-time Interventional Radiologic Tech needed at a top facility in Nebraska!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Day shift, permanent & full-time
Responsible for completing specialized radiographic procedures in accordance with organizational policies and established professional standards of care.
This position is accountable for the quality of the examinations completed utilizing specialized knowledge, judgment and critical thinking skills necessary to obtain accurate diagnostic images.
* Graduation from an accredited two-year program in radiologic technology
* ARRT Certification
* BLS and ACLS Required
* 2+ years’ experience
Some duties include:
- Reviews, obtains, and records patient history and reason for examination. Interprets the information needed to evaluate appropriateness of examination ordered. Tailors the examination to meet the specific needs of the patient relative to physical abilities and age-specific needs. When performing procedures requiring the use of intravenous contrast media, reviews the patient's lab values indicating renal function and consults the cardiologist with abnormal findings. Reconciles the patient's list of at home medications finding any conflicts with the use of contrast media.
- Transports patients in a safe manner. Assists the patient in preparation for the examination or procedure in a professional manner ensuring patient privacy and comfort. Performs venipuncture on patients receiving examinations requiring the use of intravenous contrast media. When doing interventional procedures is required to prepare sterile field and assist the cardiologist as needed.
- Operates equipment in compliance with manufacturing specifications, selecting proper technical factors based on the patient's body habitus, pathology, age and physical abilities and limitations. Provides radiation protection for the patient and fellow employees being cognitive of age specific issues related to radiation protection.
- Demonstrates anatomy requested per examination adhering to department examination protocols and standards of care. Demonstrates competency in clinical function related to assessment, treatment and care of patients. Is knowledgeable in the use of intravenous contrast media and treatment of adverse reactions.
- Prepares completed images for reading by interpreting physician. Demonstrates competency in using all software applications necessary in the completion of the examination.
- Demonstrates commitment to continual learning, growth and development by participating in continuing education activities and staying abreast of changing technology, new procedures and protocols.
Offering great pay and benefits including health, dental, life insurance, retirement plan, CME, malpractice coverage, loan forgiveness!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!