Boston, MA 02101
LICSW Needed North of Boston!
*Full time and permanent position*
Looking for a new position as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker? A community health network on the north shore of Boston, MA is looking to add an experienced LICSW to their team.
• LICSW required
• Four or more years of experience and training in a community health or mental health center setting; and/or related experience in health/human services and/or social services agency
• Demonstrated strong communication skills with individuals and/or groups
• Spanish fluency preferred
• Good working knowledge of GE Centricity and computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Word.)
• Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and prioritization skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed to work within a team and/or work independently
• Maintain CEU’s as required by the state.
• Provide direct treatment to patients.
• Provide consultation to primary care staff pertaining to the behavioral health needs of their patients.
• Consult with primary care providers on an ongoing basis pertaining to the patient’s condition and patient’s medical and behavioral health care plan and treatment goals
• Provide treatment for individuals of all ages and their families as needed. Modalities used include: brief treatment; diagnostic assessments; crisis intervention; crisis prevention and management (homelessness, detox, reporting suspected child and/or elder abuse, tenant issues).
• Provide case management; referral coordination, follow-up and collaboration with area agencies; Develop and access community support services as needed.
• Provide education/information/assistance in obtaining access to long term behavioral health care and other area human service agencies.
• Provide education on chronic disease management.
• Develop self-management goals as directed by the patient care team.
• Provide culturally competent support services for patients depending on individual needs and preferences.
• Identify barriers to care, problem solving and identifying solutions both within the health center and with other agencies as needed; provide patient support and advocacy; provide informal supportive counseling and encouragement; provide direct assistance with completion of forms and making appointments; provide all necessary follow up with patients; and, coordinate and/or provide interpreting for patient appointments within and outside of the organization.
• Network/collaborate with community leaders, health care providers, community based organizations, and others who contribute to the ongoing assessment of the health needs of this group of patients.
• Conduct community outreach to: provide information/make referrals to/coordinate services; identify community resources that provide needed support for patients.
• Provide health education to individuals and groups on prevention and public health risks and problems.
• Educate staff/providers about target population and community characteristics and needs.
• Participate in supervision and team and staff meetings, as appropriate.
• Meet documentation standards in a timely fashion using the electronic health record for each patient contact, (i.e. phone calls, home visits, time with providers, collateral contact, case management and travel time).
• Keep logs, statistics of patient contacts, as required by the health center.
Essential Clinical Skills:
• Familiarity of Primary Care/Behavioral Health Integration Models
• Basic working knowledge of medical conditions
• Cognitive behavioral treatment
• Motivational Interviewing
• Relaxation and stress management techniques
• Basic knowledge of psychopharmacology and commonly prescribed medications in primary care
• Familiarity and experience working with patients who have complex medical and behavioral health issues including HIV patients and at-risk and substance-abusing populations
• Familiarity and experience working with Suboxone treatment for opiate addiction
For more information please apply directly or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Chelsey specializes in placing health care professionals into full time permanent positions nation wide! She is happy to help you navigate the job search and find the best fit for you. When not recruiting Chelsey loves to travel and explore new cities.