Kiel, WI 53042
Full-time Laboratory Assistant needed at a top facility in Wisconsin!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a 3rd shift lab assistant. The ideal candidate will have (or be working toward) and Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field. After hire they would then work towards eligibility to go through the IU Histology Certification program and upon completion, be eligible to sit for the HT/L exam at which point they could transfer to an open HT/L position.
The primary responsibility for the histology assistant is to complete requisition data entry and provide clerical assistance to pathologist(s). Transcription is an essential job duty; however it is limited only to pathology.
- At the direction of the pathologist, create orders for lab stains or re-cuts, internal consensus, or outside consult in Orchard and contact lab immediately.
- For internal consensus or outside consults, coordinate sending of slides and communication with other departments/clinics as appropriate using standard procedures and forms.
- Contact patients or Medical Concierge Services if total turnaround time will exceed expected time frame due to special stains, re-cuts, or other internal reason, and document call appropriately.
- With information from the requisition, create pathology notes and bills in Orchard for pathologist(s) review and signature.
- After case finalization, file slides and requisitions in accession order.
- Transcribe pathology diagnoses as needed into Orchard.
- Adherence to compliance and completion of compliance training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!