Ogunquit, ME 03907
Full-time Laboratory Director needed at a top hospital on the southern coast of Maine!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently seeking an experienced Director of Laboratory Services. This is a full time, M-F 8:00am -5:00pm, salaried position.
Primary responsibility includes strategic planning, organizing and managing the overall operation of the Laboratory Department. Activities included are performance of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests performed in the laboratory to obtain data for use in highest quality, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious, patient friendly manner. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recognizing results or problems that require referral to the Pathologist, assuring competency of all personnel, formulating the budget for the department, maintaining performance improvement activities within the department and participating in CQI activities and maintaining efficient and effective departmental operation in compliance with all state, federal, and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry
* Maintains current registration with the American Society for Clinical Pathology and/or equivalent accrediting agency
* Current BLS certification
* Must have previous experience in the management of clinical laboratory of an acute care hospital
* Must have experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations, preferably CLIA, CAP, and AABB
* Excellent social skills/interpersonal skills, functions well working on a team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to produce clear, concise, and logical documentation for all cases
* Highest integrity
* Ability to be a self-motivated learner, to take initiative in learning the many complex processes
* Produces excellent results, is meticulous, organized and time-conscious
* Exhibits professionalism at all times and understands appropriate workplace behavior/communications
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!