El Cajon, CA 92019
Reference Code: NER0020
Quality Control Laboratory
• Manages and coordinates functions and activities in the laboratory.
• Provides guidance and expertise for the laboratory to meet the needs of SDBB customers, in accordance with accepted standards and regulations.
• Participates on the Lab Management Team and supports SDBB safety, GMP and Quality Plan.
• Adheres to good manufacturing practices (GMP) guidelines.
• Maintains department records, reports and statistical data as required.
• Develops laboratory goals and objectives in conjunction with the Director, Laboratory.
• Assists with the development and management of the department budget.
• Establishes and maintains laboratory policies and procedures.
• Participates in internal/external assessments.
• Develops standards of performance, trains and performs competency assessments.
• Participates in laboratory quality and variance programs.
• Participates in process improvement programs for the laboratories and SDBB.
• Facilitates department staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned.
• Enhances professional growth and development for self and staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Advanced understanding of immunohematology and blood banking concepts.
• Advanced knowledge of application of AABB Standards, FDA, CLIA and other regulations that apply to blood bank and cell engineering.
• Must be detail oriented, well organized, self-motivated and capable of independent work.
• Must be able to direct workflow and perform advanced troubleshooting of technical and/or mechanical problems.
• Must have an interest in the sciences and/or biotech fields.
Education: Bachelor Science
Minimum 5 years in blood bank related fields. (to include laboratory, supervisory and regulatory)
MT(ASCP)or equivalent experience preferred
California Clinical Laboratory Scientist License (required for Reference and QC Laboratories)
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my current job openings. Natalie has specialized in working with allied healthcare professionals for over 7 years. As the Healthcare Recruiting Manager at K.A. Recruiting, she takes pride in building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates in order to address hiring needs as well as individual career goals for her candidates. She has worked with Physicians, Advanced Level Practitioners, Therapists, Nurses, Nurse Leaders, Laboratory, and other Allied Health candidates to assist them in securing permanent positions nationwide. Natalie has had a successful track record that is founded on the highest standard of quality combined with taking the time to personalize each candidate's job search to help them secure a long-term position. If you are looking for a full-time permanent position anywhere in the country I would love to hear from you! Please connect with me on LinkedIn Here: