Rexburg, ID 83440
Full-time Laboratory Manager needed at a top hospital in Idaho!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Beautiful Community in the southeast region of Idaho. Skiing, fly-fishing, golf, cycling, hunting, and hiking.
Currently seeking a Lab Manager to supervise 6 FTEs. Candidates must have at least eight years of lab experience, and management experience is required. This manager needs to be extremely knowledgeable about all areas of the lab: blood banking, chemistry, micro, hematology, QC, regulations and problem solving.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Laboratory Manager manages a 24/7 laboratory of four to seven professionals and is responsible for policy and procedure creation and revision and compliance with state and federal regulations and surveys. The lab manager works on the bench for 20%-30% of the time. The lab supports the following functions: General Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Blood Banking, Point of Care testing and basic Microbiology. We primarily use Quest as our reference lab. Our EMR is athena and we are implementing Orchard as our Laboratory Information System. We perform about 2,400 tests per month, supporting three clinics and outpatient and inpatient hospital tests. We are the only lab in our county.
- MT(ASCP) or CLS certification
- Competent with microbiology, blood bank, equipment purchase, service contracts, and budget creation and maintenance
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families, and all health care professionals and staff
- Basic knowledge in computer use; including word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain and follow guidelines set for standards of practice in quality patient care, and infection control practices as required by state, federal, and hospital policy/regulation.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!