Victor, ID 83455
Full-time Laboratory Manager needed at a hospital in Eastern Idaho!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Laboratory Manager manages a 24/7 laboratory of four to seven professionals and is responsible for policy and procedure creation and revision and compliance with state and federal regulations and surveys. The lab manager works on the bench for 30%-50% of the time.
- Develops lab staffing schedule and ensures 24/7 coverage. Covers shifts for lab staff as needed.
- Maintains lab policies and procedures in compliance with all regulating bodies.
- Performs equipment purchases as needed in alignment with department budget.
- Maintains service contracts and ensures proper function of all lab equipment.
- Creates and maintains department budget.
- Maintains knowledge of lab staff functions through frequent and regular bench work.
- Correctly collects and prepares human samples for analysis. Prepares, stores and transports samples using appropriate methods.
- Correctly and accurately performs a variety of tests in the clinical laboratory, including chemistry, hematology, microbiology culture plating, serology/immunology and blood bank.
- Completes annual competency assessment.
- Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
- Notifies ordering provider, charge nurse and/or patient of all critical lab results.
- Operates, calibrates, conducts performance checks, and maintains clinical laboratory instruments or equipment and documents results.
- Recognizes and corrects basic instrument malfunctions as able, initiates service call when needed.
- Performs and records all quality control procedures required for the tests assayed. Recognizes and responds to unacceptable quality control results. Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of unacceptable results and steps taken to resolve. Documents all corrective actions implemented.
- Observes established safety measures and Standard Precautions. Assists in preparing, reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
- Participates in continuing education.
- Complies with policies, procedures and documentation requirements to meet the standards of accrediting and/or regulatory agencies.
- Consults Laboratory Supervisor and/or Pathologist regarding unusual results.
- Demonstrates professionalism, competency and appropriate demeanor with patients and all TVHC Employees.
- Assumes call responsibilities for nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of 3 years laboratory experience
* MT(ASCP) or CLS certification
* Competent with microbiology, blood bank, equipment purchase, service contracts, and budget creation and maintenance
* Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
* Good interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families, and all health care professionals and TVHC staff
* Basic knowledge in computer use; including word processing and spreadsheet applications
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to maintain and follow guidelines set for standards of practice in quality patient care, and infection control practices as required by state, federal, and hospital policy/regulation.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click apply or email us a copy of your resume directly. Be sure to check out all of our jobs at jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!