Sharon Springs, NY 13459
Full-time Point of Care Laboratory Supervisor needed at a top facility in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Has direct responsibility for the Point of Care (POC) testing across the system. Working collaboratively with appropriate organizational leaders, this position is responsible for providing overall technical and regulatory oversight for Point of Care testing. Supervises and coordinates staff to meet hospital and laboratory needs and the functions and activities of the laboratory, ensuring an efficient workflow and regulatory compliance. Reviews and/or verifies work of other laboratory personnel, including clinical lab technologist and lab support staff. In collaboration with the manager, develops, maintains, administers performance improvement, quality assurance, inventory control, financial management and laboratory policies and procedures to assure consistency and compliance with regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies and organizational requirements. Oversees an integrated lab service delivery system for POC testing, working with other departments and management within the network for positive interdepartmental relations. Supervises the clinical laboratory POC staff, addressing issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner.
* Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related field is required.
* Three years of supervisory or managerial experience in a clinical laboratory is preferred.
* Previous point of care testing experience or certification preferred.
* Licensure by NYS SED as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist preferred. Certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP) preferred.
* Valid drivers license.
* Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Working knowledge of NYSDOH Laboratory regulations, The Joint Commission standards, and CLIA regulations.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
*NEW - To learn more please feel free to text us about this job!! *IF INTERESTED - Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!