Hempstead, NY 11550
Lab Supervisor needed at a top laboratory in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
The days and hours for this position are Sundays with occasional Saturday 10AM-6:30PM
- Hires and directs departmental staff in the performance of their job duties.
- Interviews all prospective candidates for department.
- Oversees training, cross training and continuing education.
- Conducts competency assessment, performance appraisals and proficiency testing.
- Counsels employees when needed in accordance with Sunrise’s and departmental policies and practices.
- Motivates and utilizes staff effectively through fostering a positive, supportive work environment.
- Schedules staff, work assignments and/or bench rotation.
* BS Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science
* NYS Department of Education License as a Medical Technologist
* Meets NYS Department of Health requirements for a laboratory supervisor which includes items #1 and #2 above plus 6 years of bench experience
* Certified in the area of Clinical Laboratory Science by the American 5. Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or ASCP eligible preferred
* Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or ASCP eligible preferred
Offering competitive compensation, complete benefits, and a sign-on bonus!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!