San Francisco, CA 94105
Full-time, day shift Laboratory Services Supervisor needed!
(Reference Code: KAM)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under limited direction, this position is responsible for supervising and coordinating daily technical operations. This position is also responsible for providing skilled technical support in laboratory services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal and external regulations. Is responsible for bringing compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Hires, supervises, coordinates work schedules, trains, and evaluates performance of assigned personnel. Identifies and effectively resolves personnel issues.
- Supervises and participates in the completion of laboratory testing.
- Ensures equipment is properly maintained and maintenance is documented.
- Reviews and evaluates production and quality control records (e.g. testing, labeling, and storage).
- Ensures timely completion and accuracy of laboratory reports. Performs data entry and record review.
- Ensures adequate inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Assists in reporting and resolving deviations (e.g., errors, quarantine, recall, equipment maintenance, reagent failures and accidents).
- Assists in development and implementation of educational and training programs.
- Maintains effective communications with hospitals.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree
* Certification as a Medical Technologist by a recognized certifying agency required or CLIA equivalent for high complexity testing
* Certification as a technologist in blood banking (BB) or specialist in blood banking (SBB) is preferred
* State licensure (as required by regulations)
* One year of laboratory experience
* One year of supervisory experience preferred
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!