Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Full-time Laboratory Technologist needed at a top facility right out of Pittsburgh!
(Reference Code: KAM)
MUST have NGS experience (next generation sequencing experience).
Perform clinical genetic laboratory tests, procedures and analysis to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in adult, children and newborns.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare specimens for analysis and organize tests to be performed.
- Prepare and properly label reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Conduct genetic analysis of blood, saliva, dried blood spots or human tissue to determine presence of abnormal sequence changes.
- Review test results for QC purposes, maintain legible work records, and enter findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verify proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and document data.
- Record on instrument log any repairs, replacement and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments.
- Participate, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abide by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
A bachelor's degree in biology or related scientific discipline and one of the following: two years of related experience OR completion of a molecular genetics training program, one year of experience in a molecular genetics laboratory, and ASCP certification. NGS Experience.
Offering competitive compensation and fantastic benefits including 18 paid days off a year and 401k match dollar for dollar up to five percent!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!