Columbus, OH 43202
Lead IRL Medical Technologist opportunity in the Columbus area!
Come bring your ASCP Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) license and passion for blood banking to support our life-saving mission! We are looking for a full time Medical Technologist to work in our reference lab performing specialized testing to serve our local hospital clients.
As a Lead Medical Technologist you will perform basic and advanced donor and patient tests, and interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility. Primary job responsibilities may include:
• Resolving compatibility problems
• Providing complex reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services
• Performing automated and manual test procedures on blood samples
Other Medical Technologist duties may include:
• Managing receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of patient and donor blood samples and documenting supply and equipment problems
• Managing reagent inventory (ordering, receiving, inspection and preparation)
• Recognizing/resolving testing irregularities and assisting other Medical Technologists in problem resolution.
• Consulting with staff at other medical facilities, to resolve complex serologic problems and providing special units to transfusion recipients
• Performing maintenance, repair and validation of laboratory equipment and software
• Maintaining accurate records
• Performing manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable
• Assuming lead responsibilities such as record review and training; assisting in concern management
MT(ASCP), BB(ASCP) or equivalent required. SBB (ASCP) or equivalent preferred. Minimum of 6 years blood banking experience including high complexity testing required. State license may be required where applicable. Effective communication/interpersonal skill and excellent technical skills required.
For more information please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to Kristin@ka-recruiting.com
JOB ID : KD2
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!