Orangeburg, NY 10962
Full-time Lead Medical Technologist in Transfusion Services needed at a top hospital in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
based out of our transfusion laboratory in Nyack Hospital. It is a regular full time day shift role with a max salary of 45.12/hr plus any overtime. Posting is linked below
This position is responsible for assisting in the supervision of and overseeing the day-to-day shift activities and workflow in the laboratory. Will perform technical procedures involved in the operation of Transfusion Services.
- Leads and provides feedback to assigned staff, takes on call turns as needed.
- Ensures laboratory SOPs, practices, policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations are followed and where appropriate under cGMP condition.
- Triages and performs patient testing.
- Assures optimal product inventory and is able to place product orders for internal and external requests during shifts.
- Performs complex antibody work-ups and additional laboratory testing.
- Manages blood inventory and reviews hospital’s daily reports to determine immediate usage and need.
- Performs type and screen, antibody identification, eluate, and antibody tier.
- Performs or delegates quality control on automated testing instrument, ERYTRA, an automated gel testing analyzer.
- Assigns work based on priority and shift conditions and reviews logs and exception reports on a daily basis.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science or MT, and meet NYS Department of Education Licensing requirements for Clinical Lab Technologists.
* Must also have at least 3-6 years experience as a Laboratory Technologist in a leadership capacity, along with familiarity with Hospital HIPPA privacy policies.
* Superior oral/written communication, multitasking, problem solving, and PC skills are all essential.
* ASCP or NCA Certification preferred.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!