Sarasota, FL 34234
Full-time Lead Medical Technologist needed in Florida!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Position: Medical Technologist Lead
Full-time, evenings (rotating weekends)
Are you looking to further your career as a Medical Technologist and get into a leadership Medical Technologist role? Become part of an awarding team at a top hospital located just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches. This position is a FT evenings position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologists on staff and we are currently looking to add a Lead Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologists take pride in the medical Field.
Medical Technologist Lead Duties:
- Performs stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individual and department are licensed under the direction of a laboratory supervisor, manager or director.
- Performs duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Applies theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results.
- Maintains licensure, competency, and is regulatory scheduled in Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory. Performs non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required.
- Works evening or night shift and serves as the primary laboratory point of contact for the facility trauma team on assigned shift.
- Supports the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
2 Year/Associate Degree, Science, required
4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology preferred
State of Florida Medical Technologist License
Technical specialty areas: Blood Bank/Immunohematology, Chemistry, Hematology
3-5 years of experience in a Medical Laboratory
3 or more years of experience and generally scheduled in at least 5 areas of the lab
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!