Norwalk, CT 06850
Reference Code: NEC0147
Lead Radiology Technologist
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm with some shift rotation until 7pm.
The Lead Radiology Technologist of Chelsea Piers X-Ray department is under the direct supervision of the Chief of Outpatient Radiology.
He/She will assist in the planning, direction, coordination and control of activities pertaining to specific modality.
The Lead Radiology Technologist of the Chelsea Piers X-Ray department will also assist the Chief in developing and implementing departmental objectives.
1. Manages daily staff schedule, informs modality specific staff of needs or issues that may arise and coordinates daily activities of patients through the department.
2. Utilizes imaging equipment for the purpose of creating diagnostic digital images, operates radiographic equipment, evaluates the digital images for accuracy, prepares patient rooms, equipment supplies and medications and provides patients services using imaging modality.
3. Coordinates Preventative Maintenance (PM) for modality units/equipment. Assures necessary blocks are in place for said PMs. Is able to recognize equipment malfunctions, solve them or contact appropriate service/clinical engineers.
4. Directly interacts with Radiologist(s) concerning modality protocols/procedures. Responsible for maintaining updated exam protocol manual and communicating any changes in said manual to modality specific staff. Also acts as liaison between Radiologist(s) and technologist(s).
5. Establishes orientation guidelines for staff technologists and imaging assistant(s) subsequent training of said staff.
6. Conducts/participates in monthly modality meetings to address modality specific issues/updates.
7. Takes responsibility for quality of digital imaging examinations produced. Schedules in-services for new equipment training as well as “refresher” training on existing equipment as needed.
8. Insures ACR Accreditation for specific modality is kept up to date. This includes all facets of new accreditation as well as re-accreditation processes.
9. Lead Technologist is not responsible for any disciplinary actions with the exception of written/verbal warnings as directed by the Chief. He/she will work in conjunction with the Chief to address any specific staff concerns. May assume specifically assigned roles of Chief of Outpatient Radiology in his/her absence (roles to be assigned by Chief prior to absence).
10. Lead technologist will not make any unilateral decisions regarding changes to policy, protocol or operations without approval from the Chief of Outpatient Radiology.
• Assists and oversees in the planning, direction, coordination and scheduling of staff within Chelsea Piers X-Ray department.
• Responsible for Chelsea Piers X-ray department schedule, insures all policies are followed by staff and students.
• Directly interacts with Radiologists and other Physicians concerning protocols/procedures Responsible for updating and maintaining exam procedures and communicating any changes in manual and appropriate staff.
• Assists with aprons, thyroid shield annual check as well as new protection shielding entering organization.
• Oversees students entering into the X-Ray department. Oversees Safety, protocols ,and management of equipment.
• Accountable for Quality Assurance of images and documentation in log books.
• Assists with being State and JCAHO compliant.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my current job openings. Natalie has specialized in working with allied healthcare professionals for over 7 years. As the Healthcare Recruiting Manager at K.A. Recruiting, she takes pride in building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates in order to address hiring needs as well as individual career goals for her candidates. She has worked with Physicians, Advanced Level Practitioners, Therapists, Nurses, Nurse Leaders, Laboratory, and other Allied Health candidates to assist them in securing permanent positions nationwide. Natalie has had a successful track record that is founded on the highest standard of quality combined with taking the time to personalize each candidate's job search to help them secure a long-term position. If you are looking for a full-time permanent position anywhere in the country I would love to hear from you! Please connect with me on LinkedIn Here: