Stamford, CT 06904
Lead Radiology Technologist:
Great opportunity to join our highly regarded health care system! Our Radiology / Imaging departments are rapidly expanding. This is a full time DAY shift Lead Radiology Tech role!
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm with some shift rotation until 7pm.
-The Lead Radiology Technologist of the X-Ray department is under the direct supervision of the Chief of Outpatient Radiology.
-He/She will assist in the planning, direction, coordination and control of activities pertaining to specific modality.
-The Lead Radiology Technologist of the X-Ray department will also assist the Chief in developing and implementing departmental objectives.
1. Manages daily staff schedule, informs modality specific staff of needs or issues that may arise and coordinates daily activities of patients through the department.
2. Utilizes imaging equipment for the purpose of creating diagnostic digital images, operates radiographic equipment, evaluates the digital images for accuracy, prepares patient rooms, equipment supplies and medications and provides patients services using imaging modality.
3. Coordinates Preventative Maintenance (PM) for modality units/equipment. Assures necessary blocks are in place for said PMs. Is able to recognize equipment malfunctions, solve them or contact appropriate service/clinical engineers.
4. Directly interacts with Radiologist(s) concerning modality protocols/procedures. Responsible for maintaining updated exam protocol manual and communicating any changes in said manual to modality specific staff. Also acts as liaison between Radiologist(s) and technologist(s).
5. Establishes orientation guidelines for staff technologists and imaging assistant(s) subsequent training of said staff.
6. Conducts/participates in monthly modality meetings to address modality specific issues/updates.
7. Takes responsibility for quality of digital imaging examinations produced. Schedules in-services for new equipment training as well as “refresher” training on existing equipment as needed.
8. Insures ACR Accreditation for specific modality is kept up to date. This includes all facets of new accreditation as well as re-accreditation processes.
9. Lead Technologist is not responsible for any disciplinary actions with the exception of written/verbal warnings as directed by the Chief. He/she will work in conjunction with the Chief to address any specific staff concerns. May assume specifically assigned roles of Chief of Outpatient Radiology in his/her absence (roles to be assigned by Chief prior to absence).
10. Lead technologist will not make any unilateral decisions regarding changes to policy, protocol or operations without approval from the Chief of Outpatient Radiology.
• Assists and oversees in the planning, direction, coordination and scheduling of staff within X-Ray department.
• Responsible for X-ray department schedule, insures all policies are followed by staff and students.
• Directly interacts with Radiologists and other Physicians concerning protocols/procedures Responsible for updating and maintaining exam procedures and communicating any changes in manual and appropriate staff.
• Assists with aprons, thyroid shield annual check as well as new protection shielding entering organization.
• Oversees students entering into the X-Ray department. Oversees Safety, protocols ,and management of equipment.
• Accountable for Quality Assurance of images and documentation in log books.
• Assists with being State and JCAHO compliant.
- Graduated from High School or GED equivalent.
- Graduated from an accredited technical school in specified modality.
- He/She requires a valid Radiology license from the State of Connecticut and ARRT Certification.
- Valid CPR Certification.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!