Pasadena, TX 77502
Full-time Lead Surgical Technician needed at a 600 bed facility in Texas!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Lead Surgical Technician - Cardiovascular Operating Room (CVOR)
* Responsible for evaluating and implementing care for assigned patients.
* Responsible for meeting Standards of Practice, managing supplies and equipment, and participates in maintaining proper inventory on all instruments in the department.
* Responsible for coordinating instrumentation and surgical supplies, and assisting in surgical suite preparation for a variety of surgical cases.
* Actively participates in the planning and implementation of measures to maintain and improve the quality of patient care.
* Is knowledgeable in the use of positioning equipment and techniques to assure patient safety.
* Scrubs for a variety of surgical specialty cases and assists as needed in circulating duties.
* Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization, and/or disinfection of equipment.
* Assists in the immediate post-surgical care of the patient and of equipment in order to provide a continuum of quality patient care.
* Accountable for maintaining and improving job knowledge and skills.
* Responsible for maintaining customer friendly atmosphere and complying with “Reflection of Excellent” standards.
* Responsible for scanning supplies in the P.O.U.
* One year experience required. CV OR experience required.
* Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology or military equivalent, and/or current certification.
* Certification in Surgical Technology OR verifiable Surgical Tech experience prior to 9/1/2009.
* Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!