Fairfield, CT 06824
Full-time MRI Tech needed at a top hospital serving the Fairfield County region (1 hour from NYC!)
Job Description: Administers Magnetic Resonance to patients for the purpose of creating images. Operates MRI equipment, PACS (digital imaging), prepares patient room, equipment, supplies and medications. Provides patient services using imaging modalities.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Graduated from an accredited Radiologic Technologist Training Program approved by the American Medical Association. Maintains registry with the ARRT and current CPR Certification required. Minimum of 2 years experience as a MRI tech and Advanced Certification eligible.
- Is able to apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology in obtaining adequate diagnostic exams.
- Demonstrates competency in the age specific standards as defined for the department/unit.
- Is able to recognize and respond appropriately to medical emergencies, has developed skills to practice in a safe clinical environment, knowledgeable MRI safety and protection, has developed skills in contrast administration.
- Prepares all imaging exams for reading to include correct demographic identification and assures that diagnosis matches procedure for correct billing. Evaluates digital imaging for quality and accuracy of before releasing the patient.
- Checks patients identification, questions the patient to obtain a patient history or pre-existing condition.
- Always questions female patients regarding pregnancy. Documents all relevant information in Synapse Notes.
- Is able to keep the department running proficiently, regularly checks equipment, accessories and supplies, keeps area stocked at all times, cleans and disinfects equipment after each use; daily cleans exam room.
- Knows the role of a MRI Technologist as a member of the health care team and is able to function as a competent and compassionate care giver.
- Maintains appropriate licensure, registration and continuing education requirements.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!