Edgewater, MD 21037
Full-time Laboratory Outreach Manager needed at a top facility in Maryland!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Day shift (8a-4:30p)
Position Objective: Leads and coordinates the short and long-term operations of the laboratory outreach business. This position provides a consistently high level of customer service in all areas or responsibility and models such behavior to staff. This position works with minimal supervision and serves as the primary contact for non-patient laboratory services.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Espouses the principals of Lean Thinking and creates a work environment that positively promotes continuous process improvement. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Nurtures a positive work environment that promotes collaboration and innovation.
2. Plans, schedules, and supervises the activities of the outpatient draw sites and physician-office phlebotomy to ensure adequate coverage in all areas. Manages the employee hiring process including position review, posting, interviewing and selection. Manages employee and team performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis including formal performance review process. Implement disciplinary action as needed.
3. Actively participate in the laboratory quality plan/program (ex. investigative reports, notification of delays, registration or ordering errors, etc.).
4. Develops and manages a departmental budget for assigned areas to concur with organizational and departmental goals. Evaluates profit-margin for expanding services as well as scale; determines most cost-effective method for providing service; negotiates with vendors for best pricing.
5. Prepares and updates policies and procedures related to assigned areas ensuring consistent processes for all areas. Ensures that staff is knowledgeable and follows all policies and procedures and assesses competency as prescribed by regulatory agencies and departmental leadership.
6. Functions at staff level as needed, including obtaining biological specimens from patients of all ages as required to include venipuncture, capillary puncture, and heel sticks to ensure quality specimens for testing according to organizational procedures and productivity standards. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of laboratory workflow by exercising discernment in determining when to assist coworkers or when to engage in other work-related activities.
7. Actively seeks out new opportunities to increase outreach services. Manages the timely opening of new phlebotomy services at draw sites or physician-offices including the ordering of equipment, coordinating with external entities to ensure infrastructure, and collaborating with on-site personnel.
8. Ensures highest level of service excellence to all patients and clients, handling problems and issues as they arise and proactively addressing patient and client needs. Anticipates and prevents problems independently by taking corrective actions before crises occur. Takes appropriate steps to resolve.
9. Maintains the management of multiple projects and ensures goals and timelines are met. Recognizes and responds to opportunities to improve the quality and efficiency of service. Maintains an organized record keeping system that is regulatory inspection-ready at all times.
10. Maintains medical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies. Identifies and implements opportunities for cost-savings that do not negatively impact quality or efficiency.
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Note: Additional phlebotomy experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
* Three years of phlebotomy experience including one-year leading or supervising staff.
* Requires travel to various sites.
* Preferred: Three years of experience in a similar role including leading or supervising staff.
* Phlebotomy certification with the National Phlebotomy Association or American Society of Clinical Pathology or eligible
* Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification
* Preferred License /Certifications: Phlebotomy certification with the National Phlebotomy Association or American Society of Clinical Pathology
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!