Competitive Compensation Package Kittery, ME 03904
Department: Medical Surgical
Schedule: Full-time 36 hrs/wk
Shift: Night Shift
We currently have an opening for an experienced Nursing Supervisor. This is a Full Time (36hrs/wk) position working the Night Shift.
The Nursing Supervisor coordinates and organizes personnel and other resources to meet the patient care functions of the organization, in a cost effective manner. Collaborates to provide crisis management, interpret policy and procedure, and assure timely and effective communication and collaboration between individuals and departments. The Nursing Supervisor represents the organizational leadership across all venues on 24 hour basis and collaborates to make decisions an act on behalf of the leadership team.
Job responsibilities include:
· Assures the continuous and timely availability of urgent care, emergency, inpatient, and operative services to patients and families.
· Continuously monitors daily operations by integrating data from electronic systems, personal communication, and physical unit rounds to assure patient care effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction.
· Assures the safety and quality of patient care by allocating and redirecting resources, considering care demands related to acuity, patient and unit requirements and staff skill mix.
· Coordinates the routine flow of scheduled, direct, and emergency patient admissions to efficiently place patients in the appropriate care location, maximize capacity, and improve satisfaction of patients, families and referring providers.
· Coordinates the organizational response during times of high census: collaborating with administrators and nursing directors, the Emergency Department, Surgery Department, Critical Care, Cath Lab and Inpatient Nursing Units.
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional patient experiences you will need the following:
· Three (3) Years progressive management/leadership experience required
· Five (5) Years progressive management/leadership preferred.
· Previous experience as a Charge Nurse, Unit Coordinator or Director preferred.
· Current Licensure in the state of Maine as a Registered Nurse or Compact Licensure.
· Must be good standing with the Board of Nursing.
· Must have critical thinking, analytical skills, and organization/time management skills as well as be able to communicate effectively.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!