Manchester, MA 01944
Full-time Medical Director needed at a family health center!
(Reference Code: KAM)
This is a Monday-Friday position. Will consider a MD or FNP!
The Medical Director acts in accordance with the Chief Medical Officer, Director of School Based Health, and the Medical Directors at two other sites to carry out all aspects of the medical services program. The Medical Director provides day-to-day administrative support and coordination of the Health Center's activities. The Medical Director consults with and advises the Chief Medical Officer, Chief Operations Officer and the Chief Executive Officer on problems relating to the operation of health center facilities and recommends changes in administrative policies to carry out our objectives more effectively. As a team member at our health center, you will work with staff who are racially, ethnically and culturally diverse, so being culturally competent is required. A sense of humor is also very important!
- Provide patient care
- Direct and coordinate identified medical and related activities
- Assist in establishing standards of medical services
- Advise the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Senior Management team and Leadership Team on medical and administrative activities
- Plan and direct staff conferences and in-services for instructional purposes
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process for medical providers
- Facilitate medical staff/provider meetings, in conjunction with the CMO
- Collaborate with the CMO to conduct peer reviews for all medical staff focusing on quality of care and appropriate coding
- Help to guide production, approval and implementation of medical practice procedures, protocols and policies
- In conjunction with the Director of operations and site supervisor, manage provider schedule and Saturday patient care hours
- Collaborate with the CMO and other Medical Directors on grant-specific projects, including the development of a work plan, monitoring quality measures, and implement measures to improve outcomes related to various clinical measures
- Provide clinical leadership for utilization of the DRVS data system
- Serve as Site Sponsor and oversee activities of the LEAN team
- Collaborate with Dental Director around efforts to improve integration of Medical and Dental departments
- Supervise special projects as agreed upon
* MD or NP required with current Massachusetts License
* Five plus years working as an MD or as an NP in an ambulatory care setting; experience in a Community Health Center preferred
* Three plus years of management experience preferred
* Proven ability to manage and lead projects
* Knowledge of Quality Improvement concepts, methodologies, and activities
* Demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
* Excellent communication and organization skills with attention to detail
* Successful experience developing processes, mentoring and being a visionary in the healthcare field
* Fluent in Spanish a plus
* Competency in working with Microsoft Office Suite and GE Centricity is a plus
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!