Schenectady, NY 12301
Full-time Medical Director needed at a psychiatric facility in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking for a Psych Physician who is ASAM Certified & ABIM certified or eligible. Psychiatric background, plus addictionology.
* Post Graduate Degree
* License to practice medicine in the State of NY
* Experience in the treatment of addicted individuals
* ASAM Certification
* ABIM Board Eligible or Certified
* Supervisory, administrative experience preferred
* At least one year of full time clinical work experience in the chemical dependence treatment field
- Provide the overall clinical direction and focus for the Facility in accordance with Facility policy; medical staff bylaws, JCAHO and OASAS regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and/or Administrator in: Clinical phases of new program development; new program implementation; achieving financial objectives; requirements for and use of space for the programs.
- Participate in education program – Medical education for Facility affiliated and other medical allied health personnel; continuing patient/family and community education.
- Assist with community relations related to alcohol and substance abuse services and psychiatric services – Input into community relations plan; represent the Facility to the medical staff, referring physicians, other hospitals, community service organizations and professional organizations through letters, networking, public speaking, informational and educational seminars and lectures; assist with procurement of new contracts with employers, HMOs, PPOs and others.
- Quality Assurance – Maintain a quality assurance program acceptable to the Facility, JCAHO and OASAS; identify area of clinical problems/deficiencies and develop remediation programs.
- Program Evaluation – In conjunction with the Clinical Leadership Committee: develop programs to monitor efficiency of alcohol and substance abuse treatment services and psychiatric services; monitor patient outcomes; monitor efficiency of particular treatments; provide onsite consultation and serve as a resource to psychiatric staff.
- Advise and recommend guidance on medical and psychiatric staff problems, discipline, quality control, privileges and obligations.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!