Victor, ID 83455
The Medical Lab Technician is responsible for the collection and processing of laboratory specimens as well as the reporting of results and preparation of reports at the CLIA moderate complexity level. This position maintains laboratory records, follows laboratory policies and procedures and maintains quality control practices. The Medical Lab Technician demonstrates support of company's mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, and visitors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. The following statements are intended to describe the major functions of the position and should not be taken as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals assigned to this job.
· Correctly collects and prepares human samples for analysis. Prepares, stores and transports samples using appropriate methods.
· Correctly and accurately performs a variety of tests in the clinical laboratory, including chemistry, hematology, microbiology culture plating, and serology/immunology.
· Completes annual competency assessment.
· Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
· Notifies ordering provider, charge nurse and/or patient of all critical lab results.
· Operates, calibrates, conducts performance checks, and maintains clinical laboratory instruments or equipment and documents results.
· Recognizes and corrects basic instrument malfunctions as able, initiates service call when needed.
· Performs and records all quality control procedures required for the tests assayed. Recognizes and responds to unacceptable quality control results. Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of unacceptable results and steps taken to resolve. Documents all corrective actions implemented.
· Observes established safety measures and Standard Precautions. Assists in preparing, reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
· Participates in continuing education.
· Complies with policies, procedures and documentation requirements to meet the standards of accrediting and/or regulatory agencies.
· Consults Laboratory Supervisor and/or Pathologist regarding unusual results.
· Demonstrates professionalism, competency and appropriate demeanor with patients and all TVH Employees.
· Assumes call responsibilities for nights, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
· Assists with any other duties as assigned.
· Customer Service
· Detail Oriented
· Medical Laboratory Expertise
· MLT or MLS - ASCP (The American Society of Clinical Pathology), NCA (National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel) or AMT certification required or eligible for certification within 3 months of hire date
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
· Good interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families, and all health care professionals and TVH staff
· Basic knowledge in computer use; including word processing and spreadsheet applications
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to maintain and follow guidelines set for standards of practice in quality patient care, and infection control practices as required by state, federal, and hospital policy/regulation.
· Valid Driver License
· Medical Laboratory or other healthcare experience
· CPR/BLS Healthcare Certification
· Additional languages – Spanish preferred
For more details please submit your resume! You can also send it directly to Kristin@Ka-recruiting.com
JOB ID: KD232
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!