Stamford, CT 06904
Medical Laboratory Director:
Highly regarded Health System in Southern,CT is seeking an experience and transformational leader to oversee the Laboratory Services Department! Under direction of the Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, and in close collaboration with the Pathology Chairperson, this individual will provide operational and strategic leadership to Laboratory Services across the Health System.
-In collaboration with physician leadership, is accountable for development, implementation and oversight of quality improvement plans with a focus on operational and service excellence. Will have direct administrative responsibility for total operating budget of $13.5 million and over 125 FTE’s and is supported by the Supervisors and Leads in each core lab area as well as at each site.
- This person will be responsible for budget preparation, monitoring of revenue, expenses, test volume, and FTE utilization, patient check-in and order entry, report/result turnaround, as well as overall workflow, and customer and employee satisfaction.
-Oversees the operations of the core Laboratory, including blood bank, hematology, urinalysis, chemistry, point of care testing, and off-site locations, to ensure efficient operations, quality and timely results reporting, and consistent customer service. Provide oversight to those managing the routine day to day operations of the respective laboratory areas, including knowledge of key operations.
-Responsible for compliance with all regulatory and legal parameters. Serve as a role model for standards of behavior and performance.
The ideal candidate must have:
• Minimum of 10 years of clinical experience in the laboratory, with progressively responsible management experience of a hospital-based laboratory department with a large outreach program is required.
• 5 years prior management/leadership experience is strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required with a Master’s degree is highly preferred.
• ASCP certification required.
•Hospital work must include significant hands-on experience with all applicable regulatory agencies (TJC, CAP, DPH), as well as fiscal, personnel, project management and new business development
• Prior experience implementing new programs and technologies is highly preferred.
• High level of competency with computers, the Internet, and computer software such as MS Office or equivalent is required.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and public speaking skills are required.
• Facilitating presentations to large audiences and varying levels of an organization is required.
• The ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels, particularly peers, team members, other departments, patients, and the community is required.
• Experience with Performance Improvement programs. Competency with statistics and statistical analysis is preferred.
• Ability to effectively with physicians, especially Pathologists , in managing day to day laboratory operations.
• Proven ability to direct and respond to change; analyze and create data sources and recommend appropriate action required.
• Strong leadership, development and communication skills (both written and oral) demonstrated both within and outside of the organization required.
• Ability to function effectively as a constructive and respected team member at the governance level of the system required.
For more details please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!