Baltimore, MD 21203
Medical Laboratory Technologist:
-We are in search of a generalist with blood bank experience to fill a full time night shift position. The schedule is to include weekend (we try to limit weekends to every forth when staffing permits) and holiday rotations.
-The ideal candidate will have a four year B.S.M.T. degree with an A.S.C.P. registration, although we will consider two year degrees and the registration is “preferred”. Blood bank coverage is required for this position so experience in blood bank is highly preferred. We will consider new graduates but our preference is to have 2-3 years or more of experience.
Doesn't want any foreign trained doctors who are now becoming Med Techs
I. JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, performs clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Analyzes test results to ensure their accuracy prior to reporting.
A Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology
OR a Bachelor of Science degree in an applicable science and two years additional experience in a related clinical laboratory
OR an Associate's degree in Medial Laboratory Technology with four years of additional related clinical laboratory experience
Dependent upon level of education acquired
· Thorough knowledge of theory, principle and practice of medical laboratory techniques
· Skill in using, calibrating and basic maintenance of standard equipment used in medical laboratory practice
· Skill in performing medical laboratory tests
· Skill in using computers and personal productivity applications
· Skill in written, interpersonal and oral communication
· Ability to report results accurately orally and in writing
· Certification in Medical Technology through an accrediting agency (such as ASCP) or a subspecialty certification in a discipline in which the employee is to work.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!