Altus, OK 73522
Seeking a Full Time Certified Medical Technologist to join our team!
-This is a full time and permanent position offering a competitieve compensation + benefits package
-The schedule will be working night shift
-Must be ASCP Certified or eligible
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of a Lab Supervisor, the MT/CLS performs all laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. May be asked to assist the Director of Laboratory in supervision of a certain area within the Lab department.
Demonstrates Competncy in the Following Areas:
• Proficient and efficient at venipuncture and arterial punctures.
• Assists section supervisor in daily operation of assigned section.
• Able to solve most problems and handle difficult situations appropriately with little or no supervision.
• Has written and oral communicative abilities adequate to comprehend technical materials and communicate with medical professionals.
• Practices clinical lab science in the following specialties; i.e. responsible for examination of materials or specimens taken from the human body to provide information for use in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of a disease or the assessment of a medical condition. This includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of such examinations:
• Performs appropriate instrument checks, and maintenance as required.
• Properly operates any lab instrument and able to perform any required procedure. Must be able to use independent judgement and knowledge to perform related tasks.
• Must possess sufficient academic, technical, clinical skills and knowledge to evaluate, troubleshoot, research, and resolve day-to-day problems that arise or special projects assigned by a section supervisor, Asst. Director, or Director.
• Able to oversee the work of dependent practitioners (technicians, assistants, Phlebotomist, and trainees).
• Understands and responds appropriately to STAT, Urgent, and Timed tests.
• Maintains all records necessary in all departments.
• Able to perform well in all areas of lab during Meditech downtime scenarios.
• At all times, takes care not to compromise patient care with excessive rejections, recollections, or delays.
• Utilizes judgment in including appropriate disclaimer statements in the report indicating the potential compromised nature of the result and reason.
Regulatory and Education Requirements:
• MT (ASCP) or equivalent registry eligible required.
• Prefer 1-year experience, but will consider new graduates as registry eligible (with registry completion within 1 year).
• Mathematical, computer, reasoning, and language skills at the college level.
• Able to operate Lab Instrumentation with minimal supervision.
Please apply for more details!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!