Nashville, TN 37220
Full-time Blood Bank Medical Technologist needed at a top facility right outside of Nashville, TN!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Currently looking to hire a Specialist in Blood Banking to work in our reference lab performing specialized testing to serve our local hospital clients.
2nd and 3rd shift positions available.
MT(ASCP) or BB(ASCP) /equivalent with 4 years experience, bachelor’s degree with major in biological science or chemistry plus 6 years blood banking experience, or MLT (ASCP) certification plus 4 years blood banking experience. MT (ASCP) and/or BB(ASCP) or equivalent preferred. State license (Tennessee) is also required.
As a Medical Technologist, staff can expect to perform (in accordance with standard operating procedures and applicable regulatory requirements) basic and advanced donor and patient tests, and interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility. Primary job responsibilities may include:
- Resolving compatibility problems
- Providing complex reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services
- Performing automated and manual test procedures on blood samples
Other Medical Technologist duties may include:
- Managing receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of patient and donor blood samples and documenting supply and equipment problems
- Managing reagent inventory (ordering, receiving, inspection and preparation)
- Recognizing/resolving testing irregularities and assisting other Medical Technologists in problem resolution.
- Consulting with staff at other medical facilities, to resolve complex serologic problems and providing special units to transfusion recipients
- Performing maintenance, repair and validation of laboratory equipment and software
- Maintaining accurate records
- Performing manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable
Offering competitive compensation and benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) with employer match, generous vacation accrual, and paid holidays.
For more information, please submit your resume for me to review!!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!