Sunnyside, NY 11104
Full-time Reference Technologist needed at a top blood lab in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
As a key member of our team, you will ensure donor antigen testing, location of units, sampling, and labeling activities are being performed for a suitable antigen negative inventory. In addition, you will test for resolution of ABO/RH and antigen discrepancies, as well as perform freezing, washing and deglycerolizing blood products.
- Performing appropriate testing for release of blood products
- ABO/RH and other antigen typing discrepancy investigation
- Ensuring laboratory testing is done in a timely manner and in accordance with SOPs
- Entering and extracting information from computerized systems and preparing reports and analyzing data
- Maintaining and monitoring liquid antigen negative inventory
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical problems of equipment and laboratory testing
- Maintaining accurate and organized records of all lab activities
- Performing equipment and reagent Quality Control (QC)
- Investigating, testing and creating reports for ABO/RH and antigen discrepancies
- Freezing and thawing RBC droplets
- Freezing, thawing, washing and deglycerolizing RBC products
- Monitoring isensix
- Handling other related functions as necessary
* Associates Degree in Medical Technology or related science field
* NYS DOE License as a Clinical Lab Technologist
* 2 years of relevant experience in a laboratory or in a Blood Bank
* Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
* Knowledge of laboratory practices, policies and procedures
* Knowledge of computerized research databases
* Superior analytical, oral/written communication and problem-solving abilities
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!