Knoxville, TN 37919
Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top Reference Laboratory in Eastern Tennessee!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Reference Laboratory Technologist (MT)
Perform all laboratory tests and special procedures necessary for processing of donor blood and components to enhance the well-being of our community by providing safe, adequate and economical supply of blood products.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Always maintain a safe and hazard free work environment by following policies and procedures.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Perform routine and special laboratory procedures for testing of blood products, included but not limited to: donor testing, quality control testing, component preparation, suitability of returned components, screening for antigen negative blood, and labeling of blood components.
- Perform special component processing, included but not limited to: washing, freezing, and deglycing.
- Perform as a batch review and release technologist to verify the acceptability of blood products for transfusion and manufacturing use.
- Review, screen and analyze daily testing results, laboratory worksheets, reports and all other documentation required.
- Assist hospital transfusion services with compatibility problems.
- Analyze and implement resolutions to problems encountered in laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, team work, professionalism and confidentiality.
* Must have State of Tennessee license as a medical technologist and Bachelor Degree in related field. Bachelors in medical technology preferred. MT (ASCP) certification, BB or SBB certification or eligibility preferred.
* Minimum two years’ experience in blood banking as a medical technologist. Skill in advanced serologic procedures is mandatory.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits including medical, dental, vision coverage, FSA, long term disability, company-matched 401(k), and PTO-Paid Time Off!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!