Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top facility in Florida!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Schedule is 9pm – 7:30am, eight nights on, six nights off.
Offering competitive compensation, shift differential, and complete benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Medical Technologist II - Laboratory (Full-Time Nights)
Position Purpose: Monitors the day to day technical operation of one or more sections of the clinical laboratory. Works closely with the Clinical Director and Medical Director to provide effective oversight of the section. Monitors section quality control and preventive maintenance programs to ensure test accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements. Performs all approved laboratory procedures in assigned licensure specialties, as required to meet workload demands.
* Earned Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or closely related field or equivalent education and experience as defined by State of Florida.
* Minimum 6 months laboratory experience in medical technology operations to include clinical rotation. Position requires theoretical and practical knowledge of quality control and quality assurance as they relate to Laboratory Medicine. Position requires exercise of independent judgment with minimum degree of supervision. Work may involve testing procedures which require high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in licensed areas. Other required abilities include: entering and retrieving data from Laboratory Information System, excellent oral and written communication skills, interaction with the public and medical/nursing personnel, making decisions under pressure, handling multiple priorities, and managing stress appropriately.
* Holds current Florida Medical Technologist license in at least 4 of the 5 primary specialties or is eligible to obtain one.
* Must have current BLS certification prior to hire date. Must be approved by the American Heart Association.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!