Olustee, OK 73560
Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top hospital in Oklahoma!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Title: Medical Technologist II
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of a Lab Supervisor, the MT/CLS performs all laboratory procedures in a prompt, accurate, and reliable manner according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures. May be asked to assist the Director of Laboratory in supervision of a certain area within the Lab department.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Proficient and efficient at venipuncture and arterial punctures.
- Assists section supervisor in daily operation of assigned section.
- Able to solve most problems and handle difficult situations appropriately with little or no supervision.
- Has written and oral communicative abilities adequate to comprehend technical materials and communicate with medical professionals.
- Practices clinical lab science in the following specialties; i.e. responsible for examination of materials or specimens taken from the human body to provide information for use in the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of a disease or the assessment of a medical condition. This includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of such examinations: Chemistry & Special Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Blood bank, Microbiology, Serology.
- Performs appropriate instrument checks, and maintenance as required.
- Properly operates any lab instrument and able to perform any required procedure. Must be able to use independent judgement and knowledge to perform related tasks.
- Must possess sufficient academic, technical, clinical skills and knowledge to evaluate, troubleshoot, research, and resolve day-to-day problems that arise or special projects assigned by a section supervisor, Asst. Director, or Director.
- Able to oversee the work of dependent practitioners (technicians, assistants, Phlebotomist, and trainees).
- Understands and responds appropriately to STAT, Urgent, and Timed tests.
- Maintains all records necessary in all departments.
- Able to perform well in all areas of lab during Meditech downtime scenarios.
- At all times, takes care not to compromise patient care with excessive rejections, recollections, or delays.
- Utilizes judgment in including appropriate disclaimer statements in the report indicating the potential compromised nature of the result and reason.
*MT (ASCP) or equivalent and at least one year of previous experience.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!