Rexburg, ID 83440
(Reference Code: JAW975)
NEW OPENING for an experienced Medical Technologist at a small, critical-access hospital located in Eastern Idaho! This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Tech who is looking to work in a small town setting away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.
Located next to the Wyoming/Idaho border, this hospital is looking for a Tech who is experienced working in all areas of the lab including Phlebotomy to join their team. If you are a Technologist looking to work in a rural facility, this is a great chance to join one of the top small hospitals in the region while enhancing your clinical skill set as a Tech!
Shift: Days with rotating weekends or 7 on/7 off night shift
The Medical Technologist is responsible for the collection and processing of laboratory specimens as well as the reporting of results and preparation of reports at the CLIA moderate complexity level. This position maintains laboratory records, follows laboratory policies and procedures and maintains quality control practices. The Medical Lab Technician demonstrates support of Teton Valley Health’s mission, values and vision in all actions and interactions with employees, patients, medical staff, and visitors.
• MT - ASCP (The American Society of Clinical Pathology), NCA (National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel) or AMT certification required or eligible for certification within 3 months of hire date
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families, and all health care professionals and TVH staff
• Basic knowledge in computer use; including word processing and spreadsheet applications
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to maintain and follow guidelines set for standards of practice in quality patient care, and infection control practices as required by state, federal, and hospital policy/regulation.
• Valid Driver License
Apply now or email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!
Jermel Wright is an Associate Healthcare Recruiter at KA Recruiting, Inc in Boston, MA. He specializes in permanent placements of Allied Healthcare Professionals in the Laboratory space. He received his B.A. in Healthcare Administration from Stonehill College.