Walton, NY 13856
Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a designated Critical Access Hospital in New York!
- Performs clinical laboratory procedures and examinations and any other tests or procedures conducted by a clinical laboratory, including maintaining equipment and records, and performing quality assurance activities related to examination performance, and which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility, as determined by the department.
- Performance of microbiological, virological, serological, chemical, immunohematological, hematological, biophysical, cytogenetical, cytological or histological procedures and examinations and any other test or procedure conducted by a laboratory as defined by title five of article five of the public health law, on material derived from the human body which provides information for the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease or assessment of a human medical condition.
- Blood banking would include the collection, processing, storage and/or distribution of human blood, blood components or blood derivatives.
- Provides prompt and accurate laboratory test results and/or prepares products for transfusion in support of patient care.
- Correlates knowledge and understanding of theory to independently solve problems and
- May be assigned responsibility to direct, review, and /or verify work of other clinical laboratory personnel and or/students.
* Prerequisites include a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology from an accredited medical technology program (preferred), Biology or Chemistry, or professional training programs offered through either the military service of the United States or the military service of the state which may, where applicable, be accepted by the NYS Education Department for licensing purposes as equivalent education and training in lieu of all or part of an approved program.
* Candidates must be qualified as a Medical Technologist in accordance with New York State Department of Health regulations.
* Experience in standard laboratory methodologies required. Previous Clinical Laboratory experience preferred
* Licensure by NYS SED as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist required, or licensure-eligible with a limited permit or limited license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click apply or email us a copy of your resume directly. Be sure to check out all of our jobs at jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!