Hedgesville , WV 25427
Full-time POC Coordinator needed in West Virginia!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Medical Technologist/POC Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY: The Point of Care Coordinator (POCC) works as a specialist in the point of care testing environment throughout the organization. This position requires flexibility, regular attendance and the understanding that the position and responsibilities may vary at times. The Point of Care Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all point of care testing according to the manufacturer’s procedure, CLIA requirements, Joint Commission and CAP accreditation standards. The Point of Care Coordinator assures quality testing and accurate test performance through operator training and competency, equipment monitoring, equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, quality control review, and proficiency testing.
* Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology program or equivalent via certification through ASCP, AMT and HEW or equivalent.
* Licensed by the state of West Virginia as a Medical Technologist.
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in the POC area desired. 3 years experience as a Medical Technologist.
* Requires considerable knowledge of regulatory standards, safety and infection control practices. Must possess strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Select candidates must work with physicians, nursing and ancillary hospital staff to install, monitor and maintain all Point of Care instrumentation as well as train all new users and manage yearly competency assessments of POCT operators.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!
Please click apply or email us a copy of your resume directly. Be sure to check out all of our jobs at jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!