Jacksonville, FL 32210
Seeking a full time MOLECULAR BIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST to join our team in Jacksonville, FL!
DESCRIPTION: Perform complex technical work involving molecular analysis of human biological materials. Job duties include a combination of the following responsibilities: extensive and complex steps requiring manual manipulation and pipetting, close monitoring and control, evaluation of data, and careful and accurate work. Training periods are typically long and require some reading of pertinent literature related to the specialty to maintain current knowledge in this dynamic, rapidly evolving, field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Evaluate specimens received by the department and organize workflow to provide optimum efficiency of testing and turnaround time of results
2. Extract, denature and purify DNA from assorted specimen types
3. Perform PCR, hybridization, and genetic sequencing methods
4. Evaluate results to determine interference, inhibition, or other problems that arise during extraction, amplification, or sequencing of DNA
5. Perform quality control, validation, and other quality activities to verify performance of clinical assays
6. Maintain equipment by performing assigned maintenance activities and troubleshoot unexpected problems with equipment
7. Record data to monitor temperatures of incubation equipment
8. Evaluate inventory of supplies and reagents and communicate order needs
9. Operate complex equipment and computer programs related to equipment and LIS system
10. Maintain records of test results and archives of data
11. Maintain a neat and clean work environment
12. Perform proficiency testing to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies
13. Assist department in writing and maintaining standard operating procedures for clinical assays. Document knowledge by reviewing and signing SOPs annually 14. Follow laboratory policies and procedures such as attendance and time reporting policies
EDUCATION: BS degree in Medical Technology or Biological Science
LICENSURE: FL License Technologist or Supervisor that includes Microbiology and Molecular as specialties
CERTIFICATION: MT (ASCP) or MB (ASCP)
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!