Newbury, NH 03255
Full-time Emergency Room Nurse Practitioner needed at a top hospital in New Hampshire!
(Reference Code: KAM)
This position is for the night shift. Candidates must have experience as they will be the only provider. Must have ED specific experience. This role will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to provide optimum care for patients in the Emergency Department. The NP will perform direct patient care under the direction of the attending physicians, with clinical practice in emergency medicine, serving all ages. This role must be able to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary team.
- Conducts patient interviews and documents patient histories, psychosocial histories, health status and medical problems or potential problems.
- Performs physical examinations and specialized diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures including cast application and removal, wound suturing and dressing changes, Issuing appropriate prescriptions and administering medicine.
- Orders, schedules and/or performs laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures such as urinalyses, pregnancy and blood tests, and x-rays.
- Communicates necessity, preparation, nature, and anticipated effects of scheduled procedures to patient.
- In collaboration with physician, arranges for consultations with or referrals to other medical professional or community services.
- Educates patient on health habits, self-examinations, behavior management, need for follow-up assessments/treatments, at home medical care, medication and other issues related to medical or health problems.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Successful completion of educational program recognized by the Board of Nursing
* Licensed as an NP in the state of New Hampshire
* Current BLS and ACLS, PALS or ENPC, Trauma Course
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills
* The ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment with a diverse work force
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* High standards of accuracy and attention to detail
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!
For more information, please submit your resume for review.
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!