Gothenburg, NE 69138
Full-time Internal Medicine Nurse Practitioner needed at a top facility in Nebraska!
(2 years of experience is required - no new grads).
Our Internal medicine physician and Advance Practice Providers oversee patient care in the clinical setting, in local nursing homes and provide coverage of Palliative Care in the inpatient setting. As a practice, they work closely with our Care Coordination Team on meeting patient’s care needs. In addition, providers are able to assist patients with needs such as DOT and FAA physicals as well as Annual Wellness Visits and Advanced Care Planning. Our providers apply clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness. They are especially well trained in the diagnosis of puzzling medical problems, in the ongoing care of chronic illnesses, and in caring for patients with more than one disease.
This position will be a mix of outpatient and nursing home patient care. Work week is typically 4 days per week, with 3 clinic days and one full day spent in nursing home rounds and visits. Additional time charting and evaluation of results is anticipated. It is anticipated the APP will grow to evaluate the complex medical needs of clinic and nursing home patients with minimal oversight by the physician, allowing the physician to expand access in the outpatient clinic setting for additional new and follow up patient visits.
Internal Medicine Services include:
• Primary Care Focus
• Diabetes Management
• Management of patients on thrombolitics
• DOT and FAA physicals
• Medicare Annual Wellness Visits
• Advanced Care Planning
• Management of complex medical issues
• Care of chronic illnesses
* Successful completion of an approved advanced practice registered nurse program; must have a master's degree, post-master's certificate, or doctoral degree ; Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nebraska or by a compact state under the Nurse Licensure Compact Act; current licensure as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by the State of Nebraska. Prescriptive authority in Nebraska and DEA Certification.
* 2 years of experience in Geriatrics, Palliative Care or equivalent
* Promotes and maintains health and healing by providing medical services related to diagnosis, treatment and education to patients and families in collaboration with physicians and other members of the health care team according to established standards and practices but not limited to evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
Offering competitive compensation and benefits including health, dental, life insurance, retirement plan, CME, malpractice coverage, and loan forgiveness!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: email@example.com
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!