Schenectady, NY 12301
Full-time Neurology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant needed at a top facility in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
This position is almost entirely outpatient. Any inpatient work would be based on the provider’s interest. There is opportunity for hospital work, but the focus is outpatient care.
The office hours are M-F 8:30 to 5:00 with patients between the hours of 8:30 and 4:30. There is also potential for some flexibility there as well, especially once they are established. No weekends.
Not a designated stroke center -- stroke patients we do see are primarily follow up patients.
- Practice medicine with physician supervision including conducting examinations and writing prescriptions.
- Collaborate with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Assess patient status by obtaining health history.
- Order/perform laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests.
- Treat illnesses, give injections, suture wounds.
- Monitor therapies and provide continuity of care.
- Counsel patient/family on preventive health care.
- Participate in peer reviews, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guideline development and other continuing education.
* License and active registration as a physician assistant or registered nurse/nurse practitioner in New York State.
* At least one year of experience in ambulatory health care is a plus.
* CPR certification.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, retirement plan, and much more in a business casual environment!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click APPLY ONLINE or email us a copy of your resume directly (my email is next to my profile). Be sure to check out all of our jobs at http://jobs.ka-recruiting.com. We look forward to working with you!